EAALS, the European Accreditation Agency for the Life Sciences, was formally instituted in 2008. EAALS is an international accreditation agency crossing national boundaries.
The EAALS Board
for undertaking the quality assurance review and accreditation of your degree programmes, particularly of international degree programmes designed to attract international students from Europe and beyond.
International accreditation of degree programmes delivered by a single institution
· allows direct comparison with similar degree programmes internationally
· demonstrates that the degree programme is relevant to the needs and expectations of international students
· can be used to promote the degree programme world wide
In addition the International accreditation of degree programmes delivered by two or more institutions
· ensures the overall coherence and effectiveness of degree programmes delivered by two or more universities
· indicates that there is evidence for added value provided by internationalisation in the delivery of the degree programme which is expressed by mobility of students between the cooperating universities
· is more efficient in the time spent in accreditation compared with submission to two or more national agencies
If you would like to discuss the possibility of accreditation of your degree programme by EAALS please contact the EAALS Secretariat.
If a degree programme is accredited the accreditation will be valid for five years, re-accreditation will be required before the five years has passed or the accreditation will lapse.
See more information on the procedures